Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bestie Time... Wonderful Weekend!

To catch up on my wonderful weekend... My Bestie bought me a plane ticket for us to spend “our Christmas weekend” together! So I woke up at 5 a.m. Friday morning, got semi ready and Shane and I headed for the airport. He dropped me off at around 6 a.m. and my plane left at 7 a.m. On my way to Lubbock, I had to stop in Austin which seemed to be the longest stop ever.. probably because I was so anxious to get to Lubbock! Did I mention, that I literally froze for the entire plane ride… that was the longest 2 hours and 15 minutes ever. So I finally arrived in Lubbock around 9:15 a.m. where Tiffany and Jeff picked me up and then Jeff took us out for breakfast at IHOP, he's such a sweetheart! We had such a great time talking and giggling.. and I loved getting to know Jeff.. he is so perfect for my Bestie!!! After breakfast, Tiff and I went to get out nails done (which turned out Amaaazing! I was very impressed) and then drove to Amarillo. We spent Friday and Saturday night at my parents house, as usual!! After about an hour and a half and 3 potty breaks we pulled into town, we made it in perfect time for my hair appointment at 3! We always enjoy getting our hair done, talking and spending hours with Norma :) While my hair was processing Tiff also decided to get Norma to touch up her roots, since she was going to be sitting there anyway! After our afternoon hair session we went to my parents and changed clothes and then my parents took us out to dinner. We ended up eating at Cheddar’s which was really good and definitely worth the 30 or so minute wait! While we were waiting, I saw an old friend Melissa, who I haven't seen in such a long time, it was so nice to see her and catch up a little! I ended up having the Key West Chicken and Shrimp and it was so delicious, I loved it and will definitely be having it again! Turned out that our waitress was a friend of mine’s sister and so we got to chat, I had never met her before so that was neat! After a great dinner and tons, I mean tons of laughing we left. We went and rented a couple of movies at Hastings. Tasha called and I invited her over to watch movies with us at my parents… so we decided to go to Roasters and get a coffee and wait for her there, that way she could just follow us out to my parents house! After we got our coffee, we ended up going to Marble Slab, my parents Hate coffee! Then my dad decided it would be better for us to wait in the Red Robin parking lot where Tasha wouldn’t even have to get off of I-40, we would just be able to get on and catch up to her! Well needless to say when we finally all made it to my parents house we stayed up talking and catching up for hours, which is always great but we never made it around to watching a movie!! Haha Oh well, the movies will be around forever! Gosh I don’t even remember what time Tasha ended up leaving but I know for sure it was after 2 a.m. I begged her to stay but she wasn’t tired from all of our girl talk so she drove home to Dumas.

Tiff and I on the way to Cheddar's taking pictures!
Tasha and I
Tasha, Tiff and I (although you can't really see too much of me!)

On Saturday, I slept in until about 10 a.m. and then took a shower and started getting ready. My dad had already left earlier in the morning to get some stuff ready for their hunting trip and to go watch my cousins fencing tournament. My mom had already started getting ready and then I went and woke Tiff up around 11 a.m. My Favorite (and only) niece Kyerra called me early that morning to see what I was doing and tell me that she wanted me to come see her. I told her that I would come over that afternoon and hang out! So we finished getting ready… I had the joy of fixing both my mom and Tiff’s hair, because I’m just so amazing! After I prettied them up they had to wait on me to finally get to finish fixing my own hair. While getting dressed and all dolled up we of course all had to take pictures together! As we were leaving the house, I figured it would be fun to take some picture posing on Tiff’s new car, so we jumped on and had my mom take our pictures, which turned out so cute :) After our photo shoot we went to have lunch at Olive Garden, which is definitely one of my favorite restaurants! We waited maybe 5 minutes and were seated right across from an old family friend and her daughter… it was very awkward. How do you go from being best friends, your kids as close as being brothers and sisters and all of a sudden not even speak to one another? Well I guess that’s life and it just happens hmm… Well we all ended up in tears.. The most awkward part was when she (old family friend) asked my mom how her mom was doing… and my mom had to tell her that she passed away back in May. I think that’s when I really lost it… and of course miss emotional me, turned into a fountain of tears. Over all it was nice to see them yet very weird, I miss them dearly but they also haven’t been there for me through a lot of important times during the past few years.. such as my high school graduation, my bridal shower, and wedding reception. Oh well, as she (old family friend) said, I guess God takes you in different directions! They had already eaten and left and then Tiff, my mom and I had a wonderful lunch together :) If all of you don’t know, Tiffany has been my best friend for years, she is my Bestie and my mom’s 2nd daughter! We enjoyed the salad and breadsticks and all ended up sharing the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Penne Pasta and it was delicious! Then we dropped my mom off with my dad at Amarillo College to watch my cousin. I called Kyerra to tell her that I was on my way… and to get directions to their new house from Joe. We made it without any troubles! We got there and the boys were at Lisa’s so I immediately asked if I could take Kyerra shopping and Jenn of course said yes. K was So excited and so was I, I love spending time with her! Then Kyerra said I made you these cookies while pointing at the plate full of cookies covered with icing and sprinkles.. isn’t she the best!!! Well we ended up visiting for a good hour and a half before we even left to go to the mall, which was so nice we had a lot of catching up to do! First thing when we got to the mall, I had to use the restroom and Kyerra wanted an Icee! I got her a Cherry Icee and Tiff and I both got Pineapple Coconut Orange Frulatti smoothies, gaa I love those things… definitely can’t go shopping at Westgate Mall without having a Frullati!! Our first stop was The Icing, Kyerra’s pick! She loves looking at all their goodies… jewelry hair accessories, etc. Then we went to Victoria’s Secret where Tiff bought a Texas shirt to wear to the Texas vs. Tech game this coming Saturday (Go Longhorns!) and I got 2 free pairs of panties and a new bra! We also stopped in Claire’s (another of K’s favorites!) and then I got some good deals at Aeropostale, 2 shirts for $20.00 and 5 pairs of panties for $20.00 but 1 pair rang up as $0.99 so the lady told me to get another pair… my lucky day! ha We went into Limited Too, trying to find something cute for sis, but they didn’t have anything I was shocked. I stopped by Gymboree to talk to one of my best friends, Tara who is the manager there! We talked for a little bit while sis watched the movie they had on with another little girl and Tiff went to the Sports store to look around. Several customers then came in and Tara got busy so we left, and stopped by the Halloween store, where Kyerra tried on some scary mask and scared Tiff so bad.. oops! Sorry Tiff, I wasn’t even thinking about you being so SCARED of masks when I told you to look. Then we went to Gap kids and Kyerra found the cutest little shirt! It was actually the first shirt she picked up when we walked in… I guess you always know right away when it’s a keeper :) I’ve taught her so well!!! haha So I bought the shirt and we were finally done shopping after almost 3 whole hours… we got in the car and I asked K where she wanted to eat, and she wanted “China” food so we ended up going to Thai Arwan. I called and invited Joe and Jennifer but they had already eaten so I told them that I would bring her home after we ate. We all had egg rolls, I had Chicken Pad Thai, Kyerra had Chicken Fried Rice and Tiff had Beef Fried Rice. We had a great time laughing and talking, I always love getting to spend time with K and she had such a blast! After dinner we headed back out to Joe and Jenn’s to drop off sis, and we got to talking.. some more catching up and we didn’t end up leaving until sometime after 2 a.m. It was so nice though, we had such a great visit and I also got our Christmas picture of the kids!!!! Yay. I was SO excited, it is so good! It's already hanging on our living room wall!

Bestie and I

Mom and I

My mom, Tiff and I (The Queen and her Princesses!!)
Bestie's Photo Shoot!

Kyerra and I (the sun wouldn't cooperate for our outside pictures! ha)

Mirror Pictures are always a Must! Even in the dressing room at VS :)

I will add Sunday's events tomorrow... it's late and I'm tired!

Goodnight and Sweet dreams :)

Also... Many more pictures to come!


Tiffany said...

WOW....Reading this made me feel AMAZING.!.! I love hearing about our time together and what I mean to you, because as precious as life is and as fast as time goes by it pauses life even if just for a moment to remind me of what and WHO really matters. Court you have been with me through so much over the years and I have watched you grow into a beautiful woman that I admire with all my heart. I look up to you in so many ways, I am just glad that we have not allowed the chaos of this world and the people in it to EVER keep us from tackling our dreams together. Thank you for being who you are . . . One of the most caring people I know. I love you and your family for all that yall have done for me and for taking me into your arms over the years. Can't wait to share more memories, laughs and celebrations together....I love you bestie (my sister)

Tasha said...

How about an update... oh wait I can't talk much I haven't updated either...maybe tomorrow! :)